An Asian grocery store is an amazing place. You’ll never know what you might find from any corner of the globe. True, American grocery stores are pretty international and cosmopolitan these days. But what are some essential items you absolutely must buy from an asian grocery store? We’ll discover that together in this blog.
You’ve Got to Get These at an Asian Grocery Store!
- Pure Sesame Oil:Soy sauce can be purchased almost anywhere, are you striving for authenticity? The most authentic pure sesame oil is only available at true Asian grocery stores. Besides, certain brands can only be found at an Asian grocery store. Many Asian dishes rely on pure sesame oil as a base. What’s more, along with soy sauce and vinegar, pure sesame oil is one of the main ingredients in an easy to make dipping sauce.
- Gochujang: Gochujang is also known as Korean hot red pepper paste. It is sweet and hot, great for if you enjoy that flavor. It is most often used in Korean dishes. But you can add to it almost anything you like. In fact, why not try it in sauces, soups, or stews? Keep it on hand (refrigerating it is best) for whenever you want to kick something up a notch.
- Curry powder packets: Curry is a quick and easy component of comfort food. Although it is probably widely associated with Indian cuisine, curry is popular all across Asia. Packets of curry powder allow you to whip up Korean curry rice in the blink of an eye. Korean curry rice makes for an easy dinner everyone will enjoy, even if it is only meat and veggies stewed in a light curry sauce and then served over rice.
- Buckwheat noodles: Also called soba noodles, buckwheat noodles are another must buy item at an Asian grocery store. While you might be able to find them elsewhere, Asian grocery stores will offer you the best price. Some varieties come in either thin cut or thick cut noodles. Weeknight cooking is made easy with buckwheat noodles!
- Chocolate cream-covered biscuit sticks: You might know these as a very specific brand! These treats come in a variety of flavors, so be sure to pick your favorite!
Get All Your Asian Groceries at Lotte Plaza Market
Lotte Plaza Market is your one-stop shop for all of your Korean and Asian grocery needs. With more than 10 locations in Maryland and Virginia, this growing market is always expanding and opening new markets to better serve our customers. Opened since 1976, our goal has always been to provide the best customer service and groceries to our customers. For answers to all of your questions, email us at LottePlaza.com.